There are three scenarios available to copy test case.
Scenario 1 :
- On left side of Test case module turn on "Show Assets" in folder from "Options".
- You can see all the test cases in folders.
- Click on the test case and right click on that.
- Select "Copy".
- "Paste" on destination folder.
QMetry creates an exact replica of the test case along with the test case steps.
Scenario 2 :
- Open Test case
- Click on Edit
- Make desired changes to the test case and Click on Save as New version
- Click on Create new Separate Test Case check box
This will create a copy of the test case with only the changes desired- even if it is just an extra space in the description.
Scenario 3 :
- Click on Add button and "Copy Selected Testcase" .
- QMetry does not creates an exact replica of the test case.
- It copies the data only from the fields that are mapped under Admin > Field and Layout Management > Manage Fields (Test Case Module) > "Manage Field Mapping" section.