Build 6.9.02.12 Released for OnPrem : June 17, 2016 & SaaS : June 19, 2016
InfoStretch is proud to announce version 6.9 which comes with fantastic new features, a lot of enhancements, and some bug fixes for all QMetry users. If you are a QMetry 5 user and you want to understand the major difference between the two version please read our What’s New in QMetry 6 page.
Added ability to view recently visited scopes and move to it in single click.
- QMetry automatically bookmarks 20 recent scopes that a tester has visited. Testers can view their recently visited scopes (Domain, Release & Cycles) and move to them in a single click. The number of recent scopes to be displayed can be controlled by setting parameter under User Profile. The limit can be max upto 20 scopes.
Added the ability to create platforms with same name in different group.
- Admins can create platforms with same name in different groups.
Added the ability to view platform with their respective group name.
- Platforms under a group are displayed with their respective group name to help testers distinguish platforms under different groups.
- Use Case: Testers want to know the group of a platform at the time of execution so that they can easily identify the right platform to execute the test cases against. There are chances of picking up wrong platforms when same platform name is used in multiple platform groups.
Added ability to map Java Test Methods (within a class) to a QMetry test case.
- For more details refer Selenium Integration guide – Section : Configure and Execute Selenium Test Cases in QMetry. Download the new launchers from the guide.
- Use Case: Automation Engineers can specify the method name along with the classname in the Test Script Name field to execute a specific method during execution.
Added the ability to validate custom list value during import.
- Use Case: The organization is maintaining a very neat list of their Custom list values and often creates test cases in excel to imports them in bulk. They do not want any unwanted values get imported unknowingly during import. Hence, they prefer to put the validations while import to ensure that only the proper list values get imported and keep a check on autoadd of values to custom lists.
- Use Case: The organisation uses custom lists to manage their test cases and uses saved searches to find test cases that match specific test scenarios so they want to ensure that any test cases that are imported adhere to the existing list of values.
Added the ability to Show or Hide empty folder in Testcase, Testsuite and Requirement module.
- Usecase : Testers can hide empty folders to have better view of folders having assets so that testers can easily search assets without knocking into empty folder.
Added ability for multiple selection in filter in report.
- Usecase : Testers can select multiple values of a lookup/multi loop list to filter data in reports. For eg., Components
- Usecase : Testers can specify comma separated values to filter the data of string fields in reports. For eg., Sting UDF
Added ability to select multiple release and cycle for cross domain reports.
- Admins could generate the cross domain reports by selecting multiple releases and cycles across domains.
Added new reports :
- My Testcase Execution Assignments : Testers would want to see the test cases that are assigned to them for execution.
- All Testcase Execution Assignments : QA Manager would want to see the test cases that are assigned to all the testers for execution.
- Latest Test Case Executions by User : QA Manager would want to see the latest test case executed by the testers in a cycle.
- Latest Test Case Executions by User(Count) : QA Manager would want to see the count of latest test case executed by the testers in a cycle.
Added ability to Push latest version to child by selecting parent testcases in bulk.
Added ability to identify if log has been attached to Testcase/Testcase step on execution screen.
Added ability to show/hide empty folders in the Tree view of Requirements, Testcase and Testsuite.
Added integration support for Fogbugz Installed/On-Premise/Licensed Version (Supported version 8.8.55).
- Added ability to show by default collapsed view of Domains on Select Scope screen.
- Added ability “Search” scope based on a keyword on the select scope screen.
- Encrypted QMetry issue links which are created in JIRA.
- Added ability to un assign a Tester for Testcase execution.
- Password Policy would be visible on change password screen.
- Added action button on Link Platform screen which would automatically link one platform at a time in single click.
- Fixed bug that prevented SMTP to send email for anonymous authentication.
- Fixed bug that prevented test case steps to be displayed on execution screen.
- Fixed bug that duplicated test cases in test suite when copied using ‘Copy Selected’ Option from grid.
- Fixed bug that did not tooltips to be displayed when ‘Display icons only’ setting is enabled for Profile.
- Fixed bug that prevented add/edit of JIRA issues from QMetry if Components & Version Fields are hidden in JIRA issue schemes & field configurations.
- Fixed incorrect tool tip text in LDAP settings for Hostname field.
- Fixed bug that displayed wrong date/time for attachments in Test case.
- Fixed bug that prevented copy of testsuites from one scope to another.
- Fixed bug in QMetry Generic Launcher that prevented use of QMetry Variables in QFS. Download the new launchers from the guides.
- Fixed bug in QMetry Generic/Selenium Launcher that did not attach logs on execution screen and execution history in sequence.Download the new launchers from the guides.
- Fixed bug in QMetry Generic/Selenium Launcher that gave error in execution if “build” is not selected, which is an optional field.Download the new launchers from the guides.
- Fixed bug in QMetry Selenium Launcher that gave incorrect execution status of class if it consists of multiple test methods.Download the new launchers from the guides.
- Fixed bug that prevented import of Test cases from excel, if the excel index is found null. In such cases the first blank row would be considered as end of excel file.
- Fixed bug that prevented import of Test cases from excel, if only spaces were present in a column. In such cases the space would be truncated and excel would be imported.
- Fixed bug which prevented Refresh Attribute to complete when integrated with JIRA 5.0.
- Fixed bug that was causing group queries to be sent for approval (In SaaS) after submit. Group queries would be automatically approved.
- Fixed bug which prevented linking of JIRA issues due to unexpected attachments mime/format type from JIRA rest.
- Fixed bug that allowed same JIRA URL to be integrated multiple times.
- Fixed bug which prevented display of whole JQL query in the Integration Filter window. Filter query would be visible in wrap text format.
- Fixed bug on the execution screen that moved focus from current test case being executed to first test case when the screen is maximized.
- For security reasons HTTP connections on SaaS instances are turned off. Now only the HTTPS connections are active. Users using the http connections would not be able to access qmetry instances via API or UI. Automation users need to modify their scripts/configuration settings to cater this change.
- There has been changes made to QMetry License Agreement. Users would be asked to accept the updated license agreement when they login for the first time. User id’s used for automation should manually login to the application and accept the new license agreements.
- For On-premise installations following changes are made. Refer the upgrade guides for more details. The upgrade guide would be sent by the support team based on you current QMetry Version.
- Database resources are moved out of application context.
- Moved Email Notification URL from properties file to Database : client table.
Download the QMetry 6 – REST API Document – v6.9. Here are the API’s added/modified in the document.
- Update Requirements.
- Update Testcase
- Add Requirements
- Get the list of integration trackers.
- List UDF & UDF fields.