How to set log levels in JIRA
- Navigate to Setting ->System -> Logging and Profiling tab
- Enable SQL Loggings for SQL log & SQL dump logs
- Scroll the same page below to go to Default Loggers section click on Configure link
- Enter Package name as “com.atlassian.qtm” and Logging level as “Trace”. Click on Add.
- In Default Loggers search for the following Package Name and click on “Trace” for below 3 packages
- Once these settings are changed, reproduce the issue on your JIRA instacne, so that traces are logged.
How to access JIRA Server Logs
- Go to the directory where you have installed JIRA on your server. Fetch the JIRA logs & share atlassian-jira.log and Catalina log files with QMetry Support.
- For UNIX server : If the directory name is JIRA. You can access logs at JIRA/logs/catalina.out and JIRA/home/log/atlassian-jira.log. In case you do not find the files, trigger the below commands in the UNIX terminal which would fetch the list of logs files path.
- find / -name "atlassian-jira.log" 2>/dev/null
- find / -name "catalina.out" 2>/dev/null
- For Windows server : You can access logs from C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log\catalina<Date>.log and C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log\atlassian-jira.log
How to reset the log levels in JIRA
- Once the logs are provided and the issue is resolved, go the Default Loggers search for the following package and click on “Debug” for all three of them.